Size Charts & Fit Tips
To determine the size and width of your foot, measure the length and width of your foot in inches.
- Women's Footwear Sizing Chart and Conversions
- Men's Footwear Sizing Chart and Conversions
- Kids' Footwear Sizing Chart and Conversions
Measurement & Fit Tips
We closely manage the manufacture of our shoes to offer you a truly great fit. All of our shoes are crafted with the highest standards of construction to ensure sizes are consistent from style to style.
Selection of sizes
We stock most of our shoes in full and half-sizes to get the fit as close as possible.
We offer a large assortment of footwear in large end sizes including Women's sizes 12 and 13, Men's sizes 14 and 15 and extended youth sizes up to 6. Many of our styles are offered in both regular and wide widths.
Payless ShoeSource offers a large selection of wide-width shoes in our stores and online at Payless.com. By using our search function, you can choose to search for wide widths in any category. In addition, when you are on a page for a particular shoe, you see every color available in wide width.
Find the perfect Fit
To ensure that you purchase the correct shoe size, we recommend measuring your feet. Our printable foot measurement tool makes it easy to determine the proper shoe size for you or your child. To use our tool, click on the appropriate link below, print the pages that appear and follow the directions on the printout.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the above foot measurement tools. Most current web browsers already have this application installed. If you don't have it installed, you can visit Adobe's website and download and install it for free.
Click here to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Measure Your Feet Without the Tool:
You’ll need: A piece of paper, a pencil, a ruler
- Stand naturally with one foot on the piece of paper.
- Mark the back of your heel and the tip of your big toe.
- Measure the distance between the marks.
- Use our conversion chart to determine your size.
- Use the same method to measure the other foot. One foot may be larger than the other. Always buy shoes to fit the larger foot.
Our shoe widths are the same widths used by the footwear industry:
- Women's regular width is the equivalent of a "B" width
- Women's wide width is the equivalent of a "D" width
- Men's regular width is the equivalent of a "D" width
- Men's wide width is the equivalent of a "2E" width
General shoe fit tips:
- Measure both feet. Some people have one foot slightly larger than the other. Choose the size that fits the larger of the two.
- Measure your feet in the afternoon, when feet tend to be their largest.
- The size of your feet can change with time, so measure your feet regularly
- Consider the socks or tights you'll wear most often with your shoes. For thicker socks or tights, you may want to order shoes a 1/2 size larger than you normally wear.
- If you require a wide width and no wide width sizes are available, try ordering a ½ size larger in the regular width.
- When your shoes arrive, give them a test walk indoors on a carpeted surface. Make sure your toes have room to wiggle a bit. If you're not completely satisfied with the fit of your shoes, click here for information on how to easily return or exchange your selection.